Fearless Tech for Creatives
I’m in the beginning stages of developing classes & coaching for creatives like you who want to learn more about tech things like Social Media, websites, online portfolios and selling online.
I’ll be giving a live talk with the Longmont Artists’ Guild on March 14th at the Great Frame Up in Longmont Colorado (430 Main St.). Meet & Greet is at 5:30 and my hour long talk / Q&A will start at 6.
I would love to hear about what is holding you back from “getting online” (fear, lack of knowledge, frustrations.) If you could take a moment and answer this question, I would love to discover how I can help you get started.
CLICK HERE to start.
Setting up for my 2019 Art Challenge!
52 Card Pick Up (Art)
This year I am embarking on a weekly painting project called “52 Card Pick Up (Art)” The idea behind this project is to use a deck of playing cards as the canvas for art.
52 Cards in a deck of playing cards = 52 weeks in a year!
1) I begin by priming (gesso) the back side of each playing card. You can use any acrylic gesso or even house paint primer. This year, I used Liqutex Gesso.
2) I only prime one side of the card, and I choose to the “back” of the card leaving the suits untouched. You can do any side you want!
*Tip* I laid down some plastic wrap on my table to paint the cards on. I placed the cards on the table and just painted them laying on the table. The overpaint, helps to keep them flat while they dry. In the past, I’ve used newspaper and the cards tend to stick and curl too much.
3) Usually, this will take 2 coats depending on how you like your surface to feel. I will sand the cards between coats and on the final coat to have a smooth surface.
4) Your “card canvas” can now be painted on with acrylic or oil paints. You can probably use paint pens too, though I have not tried this yet.
5) These little cards make great bookmarks, magnets, and you can even buy miniature frames to put them in! Remember to varnish your work to protect it.
Shop update: 2019 Calendars are back!
MORE CALENDARS IN STOCK NOW!
You have been asking me for a calendar for a few years now….. so here it is! This calendar features some of my favorite original paintings. I carefully choose each painting and matched it to a specific month based on a special event or memory of mine.
I want to build a community where we all connect with other like-minded humans to share experiences, humor and art that celebrates our
love for these wondrous creatures who touch our lives. The reason I create art with animals and nature is because I believe we have a special connection to all living things on this earth. My art reflects a moment in time, and it is my passion to share this moment with you.
If you feel the same way, complete the information below and become a part of our community!
CLICK HERE to learn more about our community